- ADESA Toronto
- 55 Auction Lane
- Brampton ON
- L6T 5P4 Canada
Auction starts at 9 a.m.
To view or bid on ADESA Toronto's
live sale click here.
Future Auction Dates:
- Additional Services
- About Us
- Contact Us
Provided with any vehicle
purchased at the Public Auction
|Monday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
General Terms And Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions. Welcome to ADESA Public Auctions! The ADESA Public Auction Policies apply to your use of our services and are implied terms and conditions of every agreement (oral or written) that you enter into with the Auction and with every Buyer and Seller. If you do not agree to be bound by these Policies, please do not access our services.
2. Definitions. In these Policies, the following terms have the following meanings:
a. ADESA means ADESA Auctions Canada Corporation, ADESA Montreal Corporation, ADESA Quebec Corporation ADESA Remarketing Services Inc., 79379 Manitoba Inc, 504811 NB Ltd., 51937 Newfoundland & Labrador Limited, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, authorized agents, subsidiaries, successors and assigns. References to “we”, “us”, or “Auction” mean ADESA.
b. Buyer means a customer who purchases, offers to purchase or bids on items or services through ADESA.
c. Buyer Protection Plan means a Vehicle post sale inspection offered by the Auction for a fee.
d. Gate Pass means an electronic or paper document issued by ADESA that must be presented in order to obtain the release of items consigned or purchased.
e. In-Lane Sale means an auction sale event that takes place at an ADESA location with some or all bidders physically present.
f. LiveBlock® means ADESA’s online sales platform that allows Buyers to view and bid online for items running at a live In-Lane Sale.
g. Major Deception means a misleading, unprofessional, or unethical act, representation or omission which materially affects the value of an item.
i. Reserve Price means the minimum price established by the Seller at which an item may be sold.
j. Run List means a listing of the items that will likely be offered for sale on a specific sale date. A Run List is sometimes also called a Catalogue.
k. Seller means a Customer who sells, consigns, or offers an item for sale using ADESA’s services.
l. Vehicle means a motor vehicle that has an engine, frame and body and that is recognizable as a car, truck bus or motorcycle.
m. Vehicle Disclosure List means the list of mandatory Vehicle disclosures set out in Section D below.
3. Our Role. ADESA is an auction service provider. We make a marketplace where items are bought and sold through open competitive bidding. Unless otherwise announced, all items offered for sale are on consignment and are not owned by the Auction. The Auction is paid fees, by both the Buyer and the Seller and sometimes by third parties, for its services. We offer an arbitration service on eligible Vehicles to quickly and fairly resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers. The Auction makes no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the description, equipment, warranty, service policy, title, history, odometer reading or disclosures regarding items offered for sale.
4. Safety. Auctions are noisy, busy and potentially hazardous places. Vehicles are continuously moving, exhaust fumes are present and, depending on the weather, floors, walkways and other areas may be wet, snow covered, slippery and/or icy. Please read and observe all safety notices and warning signs posted at each Auction location. Do not enter areas restricted to Auction personnel. Observe safety instructions provided by Auction staff. Every person who attends an auction sale or who attends at ADESA premises does so at his or her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises and the activities on the premises.
5. Children. We love children; but, for their safety and the safety of our employees, we do not recommend bringing children with you to an auction sale. You are responsible for carefully watching and controlling your children at all times.
6. Payment. All fees are due and payable by the end of business on the date of sale and will be automatically deducted by Auction from the bidder’s deposit. Without limiting any other remedy available to it, ADESA may retain possession of items purchased or consigned for sale by you and/or withhold ownership documents until all amounts owed have been paid. You agree that ADESA may deduct its fees and any other amounts owing by you from any amounts that may be payable by ADESA to you, including sale proceeds. Please see Section B, paragraphs 4 and 6 for additional payment terms for Buyers.
7. Interest and Costs. Interest on overdue payments will apply at the lesser of the maximum legal rate or 1.5% per month (18% per year). You agree to pay all costs, including, without limitation, legal fees on a solicitor and client basis, reasonably incurred by us to collect any amounts owed by you.
8. Security Interest. By registering as a bidder, consigning an item for sale, or otherwise using our services, you hereby grant to ADESA a continuing security interest and hypothec in all items purchased or consigned for sale by you through ADESA and all proceeds from the sale of them to secure payment of all fees, debts, liabilities and obligations owing by you to ADESA. If you fail to pay any amount when due, ADESA will be entitled to exercise the rights and remedies of a secured creditor including, but not limited to, the right to seize and/or sell the secured property and apply the sale proceeds against the amounts owed.
9. Conduct of Sale. Auction reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to do any of the following:
a. withdraw any item entered or listed for sale;
b. postpone or cancel a scheduled sale without notice;
c. reject any and all bids;
d. announce that a sale is subject to an If Bid; or
e. unwind a sale after an item has been declared sold if, due to an error, omission, or other circumstances it would be fair and reasonable to do so.
10. Vehicle Disclosures. Buyers and Sellers should be familiar with the Vehicle Disclosure List and terminology used to describe the condition and history of a Vehicle.
11. Lights. ADESA uses a coloured light system to give bidders visual information about the conditions under which a Vehicle is being offered for sale. At In-Lane and LiveBlock® Vehicle Sales, the lights mean:
Green: Arbitration available.
Yellow: Disclosures about the condition or history of the Vehicle have been made. Arbitration is not available for disclosed conditions.
Red: The Vehicle is being sold “as is”. Arbitration is not available except for Major Deception by Seller.
White: Auction is not in possession of the Vehicle’s ownership/registration documents on sale day and/or the Vehicle was previously registered in another province.
12. Run Lists. Run Lists are prepared as a guide and are based on information believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of information contained in the Run List.
13. Gate Passes. You may be required to present a Gate Pass to Auction security before your purchased item or unsold consigned item can be released. A Gate Pass is always required before a Vehicle can be released. A Gate Pass will be issued after you have paid all amounts due to the Auction.
14. Insurance & Risk. The Auction does not provide insurance coverage for items. Consigned items will be and remain at the Seller’s risk until sold. Once the Buyer’s bid has been accepted as the winning bid, the item will be at the Buyer’s risk. Buyer and Seller are encouraged to obtain at their own expense adequate insurance coverage for consigned and purchased items. Proof of insurance will be required for Vehicles consigned or purchased.
15. Limitation of Liability. You agree that in no event will ADESA be liable to you for direct or indirect damages, consequential damages, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, data loss, computer failure or malfunction or lost profits (collectively “Damages”). Without limiting the foregoing, you further agree that ADESA will not be liable to you for losses or Damages due in whole or in part as a direct or indirect result of any theft, conversion, liability, loss, damage, claim, expense (including legal fees), suit, judgment, or demand (collectively “Losses”) arising out of, based upon or resulting from the possession, transportation, use, storage or operation of any item by ADESA, including but not limited to Losses due to or caused by or during transportation, delay, Auction decision, arbitration, cancelled sale, clerical errors, or fire, storm, flood, war, civil disturbance, riot, act of God, lightning, earthquake, or other similar casualty (ADESA’s wilful misconduct or gross negligence excepted). ADESA’s liability, if any, shall be limited to the sale price of the item, less 10% per month from the sale date. All liability of the Auction, if any, shall terminate 90 days after the sale date.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ADESA from all Damages and Losses in any way related to or arising out of your breach of these Policies or your breach of any agreement with the Auction.
17. No Warranties by Auction. The Auction shall not be liable to either the Buyer or the Seller for any visible or latent defects in items. The Auction does not make or guarantee any warranty, express or implied, including, without limitation, make, condition, quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, service policy, or odometer reading, with respect to any item. Unless otherwise stated, all items are sold on an “as is” basis.
18. Waiver of Rights against ADESA. No action or legal proceeding will be commenced or prosecuted by the Buyer or the Seller against ADESA for any matter, cause or thing directly or indirectly related to the Auction’s Services or the failure to provide Services, including but not limited to arbitration services. The Buyer and the Seller release and waive all rights, remedies, claims, and causes of action against ADESA from any claim or remedy whatsoever, whether known or unknown, for or by reason of using the Auction’s Services or facilities including but not limited to its arbitration services
19. Investigations. The Auction cooperates fully with all investigations conducted by regulatory, government and police authorities (collectively “Investigative Authority”). By using our services, you authorize us to comply with all reasonable requests from any Investigative Authority for information and/or documents concerning you, your business, and/or transaction history. Any item in the custody or control of ADESA may be subject to inspection by Investigative Authorities without prior notice to you.
 If a Vehicle is from Alberta or Saskatchewan, please note that the Auction bill of sale stands as the Vehicle registration document. For Alberta Vehicles, a Letter of Registration Confirmation from the applicable Alberta Ministry may be provided on request (fee applies). If you are intending to register an Alberta or Saskatchewan Vehicle in another province, please confirm the documentation requirements with the applicable provincial licensing office before bidding to ensure that you will be able to satisfy them.